Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, or simply Jio, is a mobile phone network company based in India. It runs a nationwide Long Term Evolution (LTE) network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles and is owned by Reliance Industries. Its headquarters are in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Jio’s network doesn’t accommodate 2G or 3G, instead of relying on Voice over LTE (VoLTE) to provide voice service. Reliance Jio’s introduction has sparked a revolution in the telecom market.
Based on mobile data use, Jio now claims to be the world’s largest data network. Jio and Reliance Communications share the spectrum. The agreement covers the 800 MHz spectrum over seven circles, in addition to the ten circles that Jio already holds.
In September 2016, Jio and BSNL struck an intra-circle roaming agreement, allowing consumers of both carriers to utilize each other’s 4G and 2G spectrum in national roaming mode. Jio announced collaboration with Samsung in February 2017 to work on LTE-Advanced Pro and 5G.
Jio Wi-Fi Calling is a very nice and game changing technology that allows every user to make and receive calls to anyone over a Wi-Fi network while still utilizing their Jio phone number.
The following are some of the advantages of Jio Wi-Fi calling.
- Use the strongest network available to make uninterrupted calls, whether it’s Wi-Fi or a mobile network.
- Making and receiving calls over Wi-Fi using your existing Jio phone number is easy.
- Aids in connection in the event of signal troubles in rural places or cellular-dark zones of a building.
- It has no additional expense to be done.
- All you need is an existing call subscription and an HD voice-capable device.
- To understand how to enable Wi-Fi Calling and verify handset eligibility, go to www.jio.com/wificalling
How do I activate Jio Wi-Fi Calling?
- To begin, go to settings and enable the Wi-Fi calling option on your Wi-Fi calling compatible handset.
- Then, connect to a Wi-Fi network and enjoy Wi-Fi calling throughout India.
- Keep both VoLTE and Jio Wi-Fi Calling turned on for a smooth experience.
To use Jio Wi-Fi calling on iPhone, make sure your device is an iPhone 6s or later, running iOS 11 or above. It is always advised that the device be updated with the most recent available software version. You must also have a valid Jio tariff plan.
Is Jio Wi-Fi Calling data-intensive?
How much bandwidth does a Wi-Fi call consume? Yes, Jio Wi-Fi calling uses data from the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected; it does not use Jio 4G data.
- Voice calls consume less than half a megabyte of bandwidth each minute.
- The actual data consumption of your voice or video call may differ.
At last we can say that, use of Jio Wi-Fi calling is a game-changing technology that allows consumers to make and receive calls via a Wi-Fi network while still utilizing their Jio phone number. The following are the advantages of Jio Wi-Fi calling: To make uninterrupted calls, choose the strongest network available, whether it’s Wi-Fi or a mobile network.