Being one of the top e-commerce websites, there are various options, amazon allows you to make your payment. Apart from the pay-on-delivery mode, amazon also allows you to pay through different online modes of transaction through net banking, unified payment interface (UPI), easy payment installments (EMI), and credit/debit card payments. In this blog, we will discuss how to make payment on amazon through these online payment methods, and if you have already used one of them, but now want to change or delete the details of your initial, then we will also help you to do that while giving you a detailed step-by-step manual on how to delete your card details from amazon, how to change your UPI id, or how to apply for EMI payments.
Before starting with the blog, something that all the amazon customers willing to make online-based payments for their purchase, needs to know that, not all the credit or debit cards could be used to check out your cart list on amazon. Amazon only allows the following cards and accounts for the payment procedure.
- Amazon India allows only Indian cards for its payment, these cards include-
- Credit cards from: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club, and RuPay.
- Debit cards from: Visa, Master Card, RuPay, and Maestro.
- RuPay cards on Amazon are only accepted if they are issued from HDFC, IDBI, PNB, and PMC bank.
- Similarly, the Maestro debits card on Amazon are accepted only if they are issued from Citibank and State Bank of India.
- They also consider accepting the pre-paid debit cards, like from PayZapp.
Amazon payment through UPI
With the emergence of Digital based payment methods, UPI payments have been one of the most preferred paying methods used by the customers, UPI-based payments are among the most hassle-free, easiest, and fastest modes of online payment transactions. One of the prime reasons behind the popularity of this payment is method is the connivence it offers with the lowest transaction cost. In this section of the blog, we will give a step-by-step guide to help you create your UPI ID at amazon pay, make your payment through it.
Amazon allows its consumer to either create and use the amazon UPI code for its payment or simply use any other previous UPI ID’s while checking out the order from amazon. Following is a list of step-by-step processes to create the amazon UPI based payment:
- Login on amazon with your user credentials.
- Now go the amazon pay dashboard from the menu.
- Choose the bank registered sim card, a message will be sent from your registered mobile number for verification.
- After verification, choose your bank account name, branch, etc. And then enter your bank details.
- This will now create an amazon UPI id for you.
Amazon payment through EMI payments:
Amazon also allows its user to pay in easy monthly installments through their debit cards, currently, Amazon is allowing consumers with HDFC, SBI, AXIS, ICICI, Federal, and Kotak Mahindra debit cards to purchase goods on EMI. To avail of this EMI-based payment method, the user needs to have a minimum of purchase of INR 5000 with the above cards, and INR 8,000 for SBI cardholders. But in order to avail of this service of amazon, the user shall link their debit/credit cards to their amazon payment account. And once the payment is made, amazon also allows the consumers to their cards from its account. To more about how to delete card details from amazon, head on to the next section of our blog.
Making card-based payment at Amazon:
Amazon allows it customers to use the advantage of having a debit/credit card, and easily make their payments through the card itself. In this section of the article, we will try to solve all your queries regarding the card-based payment mode.
How to add your card details on Amazon:
The first step to making a card-based payment on amazon is to first add your card details on it. The following points are a step-by-step guide to help you get started with adding a credit/debit card on Amazon.
- First of all, Login to your amazon India account.
- Now go to your profile section, and under the ‘amazon pay’ setting, tap ‘manage payment options’.
- You will now be redirected to the amazon pay settings option, here you can add and manage all your related payment details.
- To add a card, click the ‘add a payment method’ option, and then click the ‘add a credit or debit card’ option.
- Now enter the asked details, and click submit or add your card option at the end of it.
- You have now successfully added your card details to your amazon account.
How to make payment through your card?
Once you have liked a card with your Amazon account, now you can simply make the payment through it while checking out the product. To make this mode of payment, go to the amazon payment page, select card-based payment, now select the card you want to make your payment through, when asked to add the last three-digit CVV number to confirm, an OTP will now be sent to your registered mobile number, enter the OTP for verification. And with these easy steps, you are all done with your payment process.
How to delete card details from amazon?
After adding their card details on Amazon, a lot of users then desire to delete it due to various concerns. If you also desire to unlink your card details, then the following is a step-by-step manual to help you in deleting card details from amazon.
- Login to your amazon account with your credentials.
- Now go to your account section, and select amazon pay option from the menu.
- Now select, manage payments methods from the list.
- You will now be redirected to a new page, with all your saved payment credentials.
- Click on the card you want to remove from the list, and then click remove.
- Now a confirmation dialogue box will appear, click confirm.
And with these six easy steps, we have come to the end of this blog. To receive the notification of more of such blogs, please consider subscribing to our channel.